Justin's Character Sheet Remastered

Why I Made This

The portal-hopping storyline of Veiled Age actually began as my homebrew Pathfinder campaign. The first Hoppers were my friends.

When Pathfinder 2e first came out, I redesigned the character sheet and revised it several times based on feedback. This sheet found some love on Reddit and Paizo forums, even earning a couple of Youtube mentions (Role 4 Initiative, Rules Lawyer). The Pathfinder 2E Remaster is the perfect time to remaster my sheet, too.

Design Philosophy

I do UX/UI work professionally, where the goal is to create tools that are highly functional and intuitive, evolving based on usage patterns and collective feedback. That’s the mindset I bring to the gaming table. The game system of Pathfinder 2e is incredibly well-considered, and I think Pathfinder players deserve a sheet that is accordingly refined, orderly, practical. Aesthetically pleasing but not overindulgent. In short, a true replacement for the official one.

Features

• This is a complete sheet set, with feats, magic, inventory, and roleplaying notes.
  • Reflects the latest version of Pathfinder (2E Remastered aka 2.1)
  • Distinct, visually separated areas for everything
  • Supports the Free Archetype variant rule, as well as RAW.
  • Printer friendly: doesn’t waste much ink, looks good on cheap mono printers.
  • Track attribute boosts during creation and as you level up.
  • Write notes in convenient places, such as next to each skill.
  • For attacks, clearly track MAP, crit effects, damage, and special traits.
  • Fill out feats and features sequentially, making it easier to level up correctly.
  • It is now form fillable thanks to u/SchecterHXC

Compromises/Drawbacks

When it comes to doing math, you’re on your own. There are no dedicated boxes ( __ + ___ + ___ = ___ ), and the form-fillable version doesn’t do calculations.

Preview

Usage Tips

Taking Notes

Use the note line next to each skill to remind yourself of skill feats, item bonuses, or special actions you can do with it. For HP, conditions and other temporary things, I advocate the “sticky note method,” and this area is designed to fit a standard Post-It note perfectly.

Filling in Actions

In the actions area, put any combination of strikes, cantrips, or whatever you commonly do in combat. Fill in the action symbol as needed. In the Roll column, remind yourself what d20 roll is happening. For attacks, figure out your MAP ahead of time and write all three numbers. If opponent rolls a save instead, note which one.

Using the Spellbook

This is how you keep track of what spells you know at each rank and where to find them. Treat this as an index, looking up the spell description when you need to. Spells you use all the time might be described as actions on the first page, or just written on notebook paper.

The space in the upper right can track your daily spell slots for that rank. The margins can be used to simply mark spells, as for signature or prepared spells.

If you’re a prepared spellcaster who wants very clear accounting, I suggest printing a second copy of this page and label it “Prepared”. That way, you can keep adding to the Known list over the life of your character, while the Prepared page can be used to fill your slots for the day. It’s more bookkeeping, but it prevents confusion over heightened and repeated spells. Besides, Mr. Wizard, you’re used to scribing stuff.

Downloads

:floppy_disk: Justin’s Character Sheet 8 - Form Fillable by u/SchecterHXC

:floppy_disk: Justin’s Character Sheet 8

:floppy_disk: Justin’s Character Sheet Remastered (Version 7)

:floppy_disk: Version 6 and the archived Reddit post

:floppy_disk: Google Sheets adaptation of Version 6 by u/jstinoah

:game_die:My Pathfinder-Inspired Fantasy Roleplaying Fiction

If you like my work, please check out Veiled Age (previously called Mage Hand), my ongoing work of interactive fiction based on the storyline of my home Pathfinder campaign. It features branching narratives, character creation, dice rolls, and portraits from concept artist Alice Haun.

1 Like